GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yeah, just noticed that...I guess I need to see the replay again.

EDIT: Looks like Sun Sports just screwed up in the replay highlights..Yahoo sports shows Pommer with 2 and Roy with one...

37-20 in shots...holy smokes. they gotta get that jump back in their step...this is reminding me of the days when hasek was the only reason they were winning. can you imagine this offense in front of dom?

speaking of memories...i kinda wish we had zhitnik still.

37-20 in shots...holy smokes. they gotta get that jump back in their step...this is reminding me of the days when hasek was the only reason they were winning. can you imagine this offense in front of dom?

speaking of memories...i kinda wish we had zhitnik still.

I don't - I actually like these forwards and wouldn't want to see Z bombing them in the back of the head...

Other than St. Louis getting credit for the goal and PA having something to complain about? Nope.

Hiyooooo. Good one. Nah, I'm not going to get on Miller's case tonight. I didn't care for the two goals, but I think he played very well. Confident-looking.

Nice win. You have to love their energy level in their third game in four nights. Except for parts of the second, they seemed to have their legs.

I just wanna know how RJ and JL didn't see that shot was in the net. You could clearly see it go in when it happened live. Tough trip for the announcers, IMHO...

P.S. It appears as if Pominville has moved into first place in the league in even strength goals!

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=2...&viewName=goals

huge win. the sabres go 2-0 in florida for the first time since i can remember... They were outshot by a wide margin again, but they showed they can hang with a quick team like the lightning. Ryan and Macarthur played very well i though... Pominville is johnny on the spot... Vanek played better. Spacek has a couple gaffes early, but he played solid. He had a gigantic hit too, which was cool. The power play continues to struggle horribly. Maybe a couple practices with spacek at the point again will energize them. who knows. Either way, the sabres played with a lot of heart and showed that they can hold a 3rd period lead. 2 wins in 24 hours... The sunday game is an afternoon game, so get your rest tomorrow sabres. I'm very pleased with tonight's game, despite the power play problems.

Good win against a very good team with lots of talent. Pominville has become extremely hot on this road trip. Ryan Miller played a very good game and faced quite a few shots tonight, not as many as Conks, but a very good game from Miller. Another positive was no power play goals given up against a Top 6 Power Play unit. Another good night from the penalty kill. Excellent night on faceoffs beating Tampa who is at home. Only complaints from tonight would still be the lack of shots on goal and converting more scoring chances that were goals earlier in the season into goals now, and the power play is still miserable. The thing this team was known for last year, during the playoffs, and early this year was finishing. When these guys got scoring chances, the shots were going in. Right now, it's not as much as it was earlier in the year. Otherwise, I would say there is little to complain about, and overall a very good team performance up and down the lines. They were able to pull out a win in the third game in four nights. You could tell they looked tired in the second and third, but they pulled it out, and that's what's important. Good game, and good win against a good team.

Hiyooooo. Good one. Nah, I'm not going to get on Miller's case tonight. I didn't care for the two goals, but I think he played very well. Confident-looking.

Wow, I don't know what to say.

Actually, I do. Stopping 35/37 is an amazing night, and both goals were tough. I'm not using the Lorentz Excuse Generator (patent pending) but the first goal, as was so astutely pointed out by the Tampa announcers, deflected off Kalinin's stick and went from low stick side to top corner/blocker side, and was deflected pretty close to Miller, so I don't think he had time to react to the tip. I'll admit, I was kind of pissed at first and thought it was a bad goal, especially when he kind of threw his arms up afterward, but after seeing Bobby Taylor break down the video during the Lightning's intermission report, I backed off a little. I still would like to see him get something on it, but I also wonder if he is getting tired of the bad bounces off Kalinin...

The second goal is just bad luck - maybe he should have just taken his chance with the pass going across to St Louis, but I guess that's a case of pick your poison - let the puck make to the 39-goal scorer St Louis with an empty net to shoot at, or try to make a play on 47-goal scorer Lecavalier.

That performance tonight is what comforts me heading into the stretch run and the playoffs - we know Miller can lock it down and make the big saves when the pressure is on, so let's work on cutting down the SOG against and get the powerplay straightened out, and we should have a heck of a postseason...

Archived