GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

Never too early to discuss tomorrow's game. At the writing of this post, i don't know the status of lydman, but spacek will play tomorrow. That's 6 healthy defensemen. Hope lydman can go, but we'll see... Conklin played great, which should challenge miller to regain his mojo. 3 out of 4 points on this road trip with another 2 points for the taking tomorrow night. Had the sabres not turned in on in the 3rd period tonight, i wouldn't have much faith tomorrow... Since they ended up whooping up on florida tonight, i expect them to whoop it up on the northern florida team tomorrow.

TB is gonna be a stronger opponent than the panthers were though, so I expect this game to be closer and buffalo is gonna have to work harder. not to gain the lead, but to defend miller. we cant allow another 40+ shot game.

although our blocked shots numbers were up, maybe Ruff gave em a talking to about getting in front of those shots.

tampa bay may have the best first line in hockey.(st louis and levcav) so, ya they are a better opponent for sure. that line also won them a cup. sad but true.

isnt it awful to think the last two cup winners were tampa bay and carolina.

it would have been much sweeter if it had been the hartford whalers. is there really that much of an attendance difference.?

i dont know, maybe.

but anyhow, fix special teams, and win the cup.

go sabes!

This closing schedule has been brutual. Another night, another team desperate for points. Tampa can get a share of the division lead with a win tonight. So you just know they'll be fired up. Buffalo gets another back-to-back game with travel.

Lately it seems that teams are shortening their bench and playing their top lines against the Sabres. And their top lines are cashing in. Will we see that again tonight? My guess is yes.

Good news is these next two should be wide open hockey.

tampa bay may have the best first line in hockey.(st louis and levcav) so, ya they are a better opponent for sure. that line also won them a cup. sad but true.

go sabes!

It would nice to see Drury shut down Vinny again, remember when TB was in HSBC, we just frustated him to the point of penalty status. I think we need to get back to focusing on the other teams star players, more from a forwards standpoint. Tallinder covered Crosby, but when was the last time Drury or a forward was all over someone like he use to be on Jagr or Sundin?

This is all I can find on Toni's "injury." From NHL.com... Didn't peruse TSN...

Buffalo D Toni Lydman left the game in the second period with an undisclosed upper body injury. Ruff said he didn't expect Lydman to be able to play Friday at Tampa Bay.

If they are quoting his postgame interview on WGR, that's not exactly what Ruff said. He left the door open a bit that Lydman could make a dramatic improvement overnight and play. But reading between the lines, it doesn't sound good. At least it's a hint that the injury might not be long-term. Then again, how many times has Ruff said something "looked OK" only to still be out weeks later?

The Sabres are due for one of their 6-1 or 7-1 outback woodshed ass whoopings on someone. I think they may do that once in the next 3 games. I'm hoping tonight, but not counting on it. I went out the 3 games because I know Washington is coming up. <_<

If they are quoting his postgame interview on WGR, that's not exactly what Ruff said. He left the door open a bit that Lydman could make a dramatic improvement overnight and play. But reading between the lines, it doesn't sound good. At least it's a hint that the injury might not be long-term. Then again, how many times has Ruff said something "looked OK" only to still be out weeks later?

Or "He should be ready for next game," with Connolly still out.

Here's a negative for tonight - us CI viewers are stuck with the Sun Sports feed, meaning we get to listen to the second-biggest group of whiners among Eastern Conference broadcasters in Rick Peckham and Bobby "The Chief" Taylor...

Archived